Friday, July 22, 2011

It's a little toasty in here...

I am melting.

I may have already melted, the heat has made me too delirious to differentiate between tenses.

FUN STORY:

My dear friend, let's call him Buke, since his real name is Luke and I always try my very best to keep my friends anonymous on here, has had his sister and her boyfriend in town for the past couple days. Yesterday, he decided, would be the day we would all go to all-you-can-eat Sushi, which just happens to be all the way across town.

It was forty five degrees in Montreal yesterday.


I melted.

I died.

I fried in the sun like an egg (replacement).

And then, after the four of us, drenched in sweat and stuffed with sushi, decided to cab back to our hood (we had walked that journey once, and that was one too many times), I came across something truly disturbing upon entering my apartment.

I had four rotten bananas.

Sad.

So I did what any veggie-blogger would do... I made banana bread.


Yep, that's right, I turned on the oven in my little, air-conditioning-less apartment, when it was forty five degrees outside.

Slaving away over the batter, sweating profusely, I honestly couldn't believe I would ever look back and think it was worth it to put myself through such sticky, heated torture.

But, oh my God... it was.

Heat-Wave Banana Bread:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegan butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs worth of egg replacer
3-4 mashed overripe bananas

Mix the dry ingredients. Cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a separate bowl, and squish in the bananas. Combine, and bake at 350 for an hour.


Yum, but seriously, this heat needs to break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment