Sunday, October 18, 2009

A beautiful autumn day, and...





I'm baking banana bread! But not just any old banana bread...vegan chocolate chip banana bread! My roommates had the pleasure of waking up to such a decadent smell first thing in the morning! It really does make a nice start to the day...

Last night I decided to really buckle down and finish a brutal essay that's due this week. My original plan was to spend today writing...but now I can take the day off! Hence, the vegan chocolate chip banana bread. YUM. 

Vegan Choco-Chip Naner Bread:

*Don't be like me and forget to preheat the oven to 350! Oops....*

-3 large over-ripe naners
-2 tbsp. lemon juice
-1/3 Cup Vanilla soymilk OR applesauce (I usually stick with the soymilk!)
-1/2 Cups agave (or any liquid sweetener. I like agave because it's so healthy!)
-2 Cups whole wheat flour
-3/4 tsp. baking powder
-3/4 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 cup chocolate chips (can easily be replaced with fruit, or left out entirely)

Wipe pan with oil. Mix the soymilk with 1 tbsp of lemon juice and let sit until it curdles (euw). Mash the bananas, and add remaining wet ingredients.
Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, add to wet ingredients, and fold in the choco-chips/fruit/whatever. Pour into pan, and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes -or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!

It's delicious and super easy. Honest. 








2 comments: